Unit 2 - APA References and Periodical and Books - Quiz/Introduction and Methods - Quiz
By Adriana Bernaldez
This entry highlights the self-monitoring stage of my learning process during Unit 2, focusing on the development of the academic skills required to work with research articles. Before continuing with the construction of my proposal, I used the virtual campus self-assessment activities to review my understanding of essential research writing conventions and the organization of academic texts.
As shown in Figure 1 and Figure 2, I completed two diagnostic quizzes related to APA referencing and the structural components of research articles, particularly introductions and methods sections. The APA References quiz result (Figure 1) allowed me to identify areas that required further attention, while the Introductions and Methods quiz result (Figure 2) demonstrated my stronger understanding of research article organization.
I chose to include these results in my portfolio because they represent an important stage of my development as a researcher. These activities helped me recognize that academic writing requires precision, consistency, and awareness of disciplinary conventions. By strengthening these foundational skills, I was better prepared to develop my research proposal with greater clarity and coherence. This reflection shows my progression from approaching writing intuitively toward adopting a more systematic and research-oriented approach.
Figure 1 Screenshot of my APA References quiz result, achieving a score of 5.40/10
Comments
Post a Comment